Marseal® joint capping system for protection against the ingress of corrosive/reactive liquids into the ground through expansion and control joints. The system can withstand splash and spills of a broad range of chemicals including acids, caustics, oxidizing agents and aromatic and chlorinated solvents. The system is tenaciously bonded to the substrate with Marseal® Structural Sealant.
Available sizes: 50-mil membrane supplied in 50’ rolls
Cure Time: Initial – 24 hours. Final – 7 days
- Abrade area each side of joint 6” to produce a clean 16 grit profile.
- Remove all old sealant material protruding from joint.
- Tape or strike line 6” on each side of joint.
- Apply Marseal® Structural Sealant to prepared substrate with a small, notched
trowel. Install MJ-7000 Joint Tape immediately following the application of
Marseal® Structural Sealant.
- Roll Tape into wet Marseal® Structural Sealant with extended-handle roller.